Saturday, February 23, 2008

Time of Reflection

Our little island got even smaller last Wednesday. Thanks to a few unfortuate actions by U.S. service members while off-base we are restricted to base indefinitely. We are allowed off-base only to travel to another base or to attend church. Click here to read a CNN.com article that explains it all.

Speculation is running wild on how long the restriction will last. I am guessing a week or less, but you never know with the military. I am amazed at how much I miss going to places off-base after just 4 days. I have already planned what I will do the day we are let out...go running along the seawall, eat at our favorite noddle place, purchase a bolt from Makeman needed to fix the jogging stroller, and take the kids to play at Pirate Ship park. I sure hope I don't have to wait very long!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We found your blog off of Taylor's. It was a lot of fun reading about your lives in Japan. And I'm really jealous of the warm weather. You can check ours out at troyandtracie.blogspot.com.

Bob and Danya said...

Hi Suzanne! I've been looking for your blog! I just didn't know how to find it until I saw the link from J'Nett's. It's so fun to see pictures of you and the kids in Japan! I can't believe you guys are over there. It sounds like you are having an amazing experience. Sorry you are stuck on base at the moment though. Crazy stuff! Well, I hope that you are doing well and that everyone is healthy and happy! Take care,
Danya (and Bob and kids)

Andrea said...

Hi Suzanne! You posted on my blog awhile back but I couldn't find yours until J'Nett linked it. Sounds like a fun adventure in Japan! I can't believe how big your kids are!

I've made my blog private now so if you want to see it send me your e-mail at anpaxfam@gmail.com and I'll invite you.

An said...

That sounds horrible!