How many of you can say you have watched your 3 year old child be removed from your vehicle and walked across the street holding hands with a Marine who was also holding a gigantic M16 while you were told to remain in your vehicle with both hands on the steering wheel. Then, after your child was safely across the street being guarded by the Marine with the large gun and bullet proof vest, you were ordered to open and close all compartments and doors to your vehicle and subjected to a full vehicle search. Well, I can now say it has happened to me. Even though I had been warned "Safety Training Exercise" were going to occur this week I didn't know exactly what to expect so it was quite a nerve racking few minutes. The Marines were all business, far from friendly. It happened to me on the first day of the training exercises so I hadn't seen anyone else searched making it a real surprise when it happened. Of course I passed the search, no illegal contraband in my vehicle. I guess it is nice to know the gates to our bases have guards that take our safety seriously. How many other gated communities are guarded by military personnel with M16's and bullet proof vests!
Thursday, May 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
The part where someone was walking away with my child would have freaked me out! Good job, you made it through!
Whoa! I would have been scared silly. Good thing you sort of knew to expect something. Glad that you guys are protected so well though!
ya I would be pretty scared myself. That is nice to have your community watched over though. I just found out today that the japanese invented "the growing of square watermelons". Have you seen any in the market before? :)
Oh my goodness!!! Suzanne, I would have been a basket case! I cannot believe they did this to you!!! I'm glad you are safe though, right? :)
Your kids are soooo grown up, and darling! How fun to have your parents for a visit. It sounds like you're having a ball! I need to call you so we can catch up! Love you!
Scary!! Gives Gated Community a whole new meaning! Glad to know you are safe though and especially little Max.
I don't know who would be more freaked out...me or my kids! Yikes!
Post a Comment