Saturday, August 2, 2008

What a great year!

Wow, I can't believe we have been here a year! It is funny how time can seem to stand still and fly by at the same time. As we reflect on our last year, here are some of the things we love about Okinawa and miss about the United States.

OKINAWA
being surrounded by beautiful beaches
sushi, Japanese curry, and soba noodles
snorkeling
fun friends
learning about the Japanese culture
fun (and slightly dangerous) parks
our new dog Zoey
no snow
Tokyo Disney this September

THE U.S.
family and friends (we miss you)
family and friends (we really really miss you!!!)
Mexican restaurants
Target, Joann's, Bestbuy, & Home Depot
Michigan football games
streets with names
normal television
crisp apples
fresh berries, watermelon, cherries, & plums
finding what you need at the store
nice movie theaters

I would call this the year of learning for us. Learning to rely on each other. Learning to drive on the left side of the street. Learning about life in the military. Learning about Japan. Learning a bit of Japanese (and I do mean just a bit). Learning we really can do anything as long as we are together.

9 comments:

Hubers said...

Some people never get to have your awesome experiences!
I miss you guys too.(Especially since I have so many questions I wish I could ask you!)
Summer

nickyfish said...

Hi Suzanne,

How are you? I finally figured out the blogging thing and have a page now too . . . nickyfisher69.blogspot.com. I will definitely keep in better touch now. Nicole

Meghan said...

Hello Friend!
I actually made it to your blog. I'm too unorganized to make one of my own but you already knew that. I miss you! Especially since there's only ONE person here that I know (and only a little).
I'll look here more often...(ps - it's not humid here AT ALL...ha ha !!)

Unknown said...

Suze, You look great and the kids are adorable but who is that old, bald guy?
uncle norm

Janie said...

The year has flown by and we miss you guys! Jake would be so happy if Brand was here! I am glad you are having such amazing experiences and lots of fun while in Japan. We miss you!

Anna said...

What an amazing experience you guys are having. I'm jealous.

Jennifer said...

Hey Suzanne. I noticed that you visited my business blog. I don't know if you know my family blog but just in case.. it's www.pheoandjebber.blogspot.com. Glad everything is going well!

Bob and Danya said...

Wow! A year already? That's amazing! I think it's great that you've been able to find things to like about each place you've lived. I guess it makes you appreciate what you have. When you move back, all those things you like about Okinawa will be the things you miss! (of course if you move to Phoenix you won't have to have snow either)! :)

Palmer-san said...

You do such a good job! Do you get a better face tan with those teeth mirrors attracting the sun? Darby