Sunday, August 31, 2008

Beaches, beaches, and more beaches

The best part about living on an island is being surrounded by beaches. 2 weeks ago we spent the weekend at Okuma, a military resort an hour and a half drive north of us. Mind you the island is only around 60 miles from tip to tip, so an hour and a half seems really far from home :)

We had such a fun time, by far the best weekend since we got here a year ago. Our 2 favorite things were riding jet skis and going for a ride on a banana boat that was pulled by a ski boat. They were both so much fun. I am so bummed because I don't have any good action shots thanks to a dead camera battery. We also went on a glass bottom boat ride and saw some cool fish but got totally seasick! The kids loved the miniature golf, Brand was really excited about getting another hole in one.

The cottage we stayed in.

Yesterday we went to another of our favorite beaches. We love it because it is never crowded and not too far from home. The whole day I kept thinking to myself "It is so beautiful, I can't believe we actually live here".


After a number of previous attempts, Josh speared his first fish free diving. He was so excited!Brand and our friend Lauren were totally excited to dissect the fish head.

The boys and I spent the day playing in the waves and hanging out with our friends on the beach.



Brand and Lauren found some really cool starfish.

My new look, a mouth full of metal.

7 comments:

Hubers said...

Love the beaches and the braces!

Anonymous said...

I love the beautiful beach Also Suz your looking so tan!!!!! from Michelle

Anna said...

That reminds me of when we went jet skiing at Lake Powell. Although those beaches are much nicer than any beach at Lake Powell. Love the braces, that will be me someday soon.

Melanie said...

Those starfish are so cool! I've never seen any like that yet. I guess I haven't been to the right beach.
Love the braces! Your teeth look straight to me but what do I know?

Janie said...

Jealous, jealous, and more jealous!! The beaches look amazing, how fun!
I totally forgot you were getting braces--how has it been?

An said...

Awesome metal mouth! I always wanted braces, or at least a retainer, b/c I thought they were so cool.

Becky said...

Ditto on Andrea! Though I am puzzled as to why someone with straight teeth would get braces?
Those star fish are cool!