Before moving to Japan Josh and I tried sushi once. Lets just say it wasn't a very pleasant experience. With a little pressure from friends we decided it was time to give sushi a second chance and what better place than Okinawa. They have these great sushi places that the Americans call Sushi-Go-Rounds. Here is a picture of the place. Sushi (and other delicious items) are served on a conveyor belt that winds through the restaurant. When something passes by that you want, you just take it off the conveyor belt. The plates are color-coded according to price so when you're finished eating the waiter counts up all the plates and gives you the bill.
If you look close you can see 2 juice bottles on a plate. Brand and Max were kept happy with the juice bottles and jello cups that passed by our table.
We have decided that sushi is pretty tasty. Our favorites are Nigiri-zushi which are little fingers of rice topped with washabi and a fillet of raw shrimp or tuna and the spicy tuna California rolls. We also like these little vinegar flavored rice balls that are wrapped in fried egg (the labels were all in Japanese so not sure what to call them). We can't wait to take all of our visitors out for sushi!
Thursday, December 6, 2007
Sushi Anyone?
Posted by .............................. at 8:31 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
I love your blog! It makes me so jealous and homesick for Japan! We love sushi go round, too! Enjoy! Thanks for bringing back so many fond memories!!
Talli
That is so cool! How fun to pick and choose what you wanted! I'm glad you're having so much fun over there!
Yeah! You gave it another try. I am jealous you get to have sushi in Japan, Yummy!
Tell the boys "Hi" from all of us.
Glad you're finding some sushi you like. Go Suzanne!!
How fun to get to take your plate off a conveyor belt! Someone brought sushi for my dad's work party last week, but it tasted way too fishy to be edible! So I opted for the Chinese noodles instead only to find a great big long hair in it! Ughhh! It will be awhile before I will be able to eat any Japanese/Chinese food!
Post a Comment