To my beloved Ann Arbor friends Janie, Andrea, and Becky who I was constantly suggesting to that we have lunch at Shalimar, my favorite Indian restaurant.... We found a fantastic Indian restaurant here in Okinawa. Can you believe it? I am still in shock. Here is a picture of my plate to prove how authentic the food is. You may think it doesn't look like much food, but it is! The naan is 12 inches long!!! The choices are few, either chicken/lamb curry or chicken marsala and tandoori chicken, but they just happen to be our favorites. We were laughing as we paid our bill, here we are Americans paying for our yummy Indian food with yen. We are really enjoying our experience here in Japan, but every now and then we do something or go somewhere that makes this place feel more like home. Krishna's Indian restaurant is now on my list of things to do when I need the comfortable feeling of home.
Sunday, December 23, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





4 comments:
I'm so happy you found yummy Indian food!!!! Yay!!! Eat some for us.
That is so GREAT! Guess what I had for lunch today---? That's right Indian! Only it was Madras Masalas. So yummy and I totally thought of you :) Have a great Christmas!
Janie
Hey I tagged you a while ago its time for some responses!
That looks SO good! I haven't had Indian food in awhile so I'll have to get back in the swing of things. Next time you go, pretend we are all right there with you! Miss you!
Suzanne,
I lost your blog address, until I found it on Jessica Mauch's site. Here's mine. I love that I can see you guys often.
Love,
Summer
(Craig, Abram and Isaac Huber...yep, we're all here.)
Post a Comment