After traveling for 27 hours through 4 airports, with very little sleep, we arrived in Okinawa, Japan. Much to Josh and my pleasant surprise, the boys did awesome. We all sleep very little on the long 13 hour flight from Chicago to Tokyo . The boys were very entertained watching Shrek the Third three times, playing the Gameboy, doing sticker books, and playing with silly putty. After a five hour layover in Tokyo we all finally got some sleep on the two and a half hour flight to Okinawa. We arrived at the hotel in the middle of the night completely exhausted. When we opened the curtains the next morning we were stunned at how beautiful it is here. This is the view out our window at the hotel.

We are staying at a military hotel until we can move into on-base housing later in the week. Josh is able to spend the first two weeks checking-in to the command and getting us settled. It is nice adjusting and exploring together. Here are some fun things about Okinawa. First, there is only one American radio station and it plays everything from Reba to Snoop Dog. Second, the milk you buy at the commissary has a slightly different taste that we just can’t quite put our finger on. Third, LIZARDS!!! Fourth, it is completely dark outside by 8:00 p.m. making bedtime a snap. Fifth, driving on the left side of the road or shall I say remembering to drive on the left side of the road. After spending 11 days on this beautiful and very hot and humid island we can say WE LOVE IT HERE!!!



4 comments:
What a great first post from Japan. What a beautiful view out your window...that makes me miss Japanese landscaping. I remember the milk in Japan tasting different, too. Glad you're there safely and loving it!!!
You guys look great! We were amazed too when we flew with the boys to Hong Kong at how well they did. I'm not saying I'd love to do it many times, but it is doable. So great to hear from you! Good luck!
Suzanne!!
Hooray, you posted! Thanks for the update. I'm so glad the flight was better than expected.
The first thing I thought when I saw the pictures was how grown up Max looks. What happened to your baby?!
Have fun in Japan. Drink it in!
Glad you arrived safely. Japan looks really nice. Keep up the posting!
Post a Comment